Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ecclesiastes

   The ideas an images that the poem Ecclesiates creates is the best thin about this poem for me. I like the sense of how it seems as if someone with wisdom is talking to someone younger about the rules of life and how to get through it. It reminds me of how my mother or older sister breakn to me about life lessons when I need help in certain situations. The sturcutrue and how it is a rule and then a trick to over come the rule. Or a trick then the rules to follow to excite the trick is very fun to read.
    The languages used in the poem is very relateable. It's very easy to read and understand another reason why I feel it's kinda like how a older person would break down thing to try and explain to someone younger. When I first read the poem I didn't quite understand what exactly was going in but after reading it again I could really see how it was a since if wisdom being spoken by the author. This has been my favorite poem to read in this boom so far because of the fact that I give life lessons not just a poem about love or sadness.
   After doing alittle research the connecting  between the title Ecclesiates and the way the poem is set up really show explains a lot of the things I was thinking. Ecclesiates is originally seen as the book of wisdom in the bible. It is located in the old treatment and is the way people back then used to see wisdom. The boom is set up in the way that it's teaching though who read it the ways of life so that they don't mess up and can fully live life with out stress. So reading this poem and reading exactly what Eccleiates really means the poem really fits the the title. I love the connect between the original purpose of the book and how it is continued to be the poem of wisdom and rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment